The power of green
Our commitment to the environment does not end with our
design services. We practice what we preach.
J.P. Ross Engineers abides by the following green practices:
100% Wind Driven
You read that right! J.P. Ross Engineers purchases 100% of our electricity from renewable sources. Through energy deregulation in the State of Pennsylvania, we purchase all of our electricity from a green vendor that generates it exclusively from wind power.
We use e-fax services instead of a conventional fax machine. Instead of printing a hardcopy, our faxes are emailed electronically and automatically, saving paper and ink. In the US, 210 billion sheets of paper are consumed by businesses yearly!
95% recycle level
We recycle 95% of our office waste. Blueprints, paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum cans, batteries, and plastic are all properly disposed off and recycled. The remainder 5% is either biodegradable or non-recyclable items.
Toner and Ink Cartridges
We recycle all our toner and ink cartridges, reducing plastic waste. The average ink cartridge requires almost a gallon of oil to produce. 375 million cartridges are disposed of in the US annually.
100% Recycled Paper
We only purchase 100% recycled paper products for printing. By combining recycling of our paper waste and purchasing only 100% recycled paper products, our net paper use is near zero!
We replaced all our light bulbs from CFL’s to LED Lamps. We also switched to CFL’s from incandescent bulbs 5 years prior to the Federal phase-out.